Isabel Adkins is the primary instructor for the Oncology Massage Certification Program at the Massage Therapy Institute (MTI) in Davis, California. This 300 hour program is the only comprehensive oncology massage program approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE)
in California, and one of the few programs in this modality that exist in the United States.
This program consists of the following classes:
The prerequisites are:
- completion of an approved Certified Massage Therapist program, and
- completion of any Society for Oncology Massage (www.s4om.org) recognized foundation training course.
*This portion is 97 hours. It is an individualized module with a combination of:
- practice sessions with cancer patients done with one-on-one consultation time as needed with Isabel, and
- a relevant oncology massage community project approved and supervised by Isabel, and then
- a final assessment of the student's knowledge and skills.
For more information or to register, please contact:
Julie Reynolds, Director
Massage Therapy Institute
PO Box 518, Davis, CA 95617